Bowman Limb Bank Foundation
Established in March 2001, the Foundation was formed by Dana Bowman. A bilateral amputee since 1994, Dana wishes to share in the many blessings he has received since his accident and recovery. In 2005 Dana Bowman and John Siciliano joined forces to strengthen the foundation.
He has enlisted other individuals and companies to share in the vision of giving back to those in need.
The Bowman Limb Bank Foundation, previously known as the Dana Bowman Limb Bank Foundation, acts as a ready resource for artificial limbs for those in need. It is a non-profit organization seeking to fulfill the need for artificial limbs in underdeveloped nations and here in the United States where traditional funding is unavailable.
- Collect and distribute all forms of prosthetic limbs to those in need. We will collaborate at times with other foundations to assist in other countries outside the U.S. (such as Physicians for Peace), and prosthetic labs across the U.S.
- Fly disabled children and adults by helicopter and/or plane to accommodate travel for medical care. To also provide helicopter flights to uplift spirits and promote the foundation to the surrounding community.
- Raise funds to provide transportation, lodging and prosthetic limbs and services to those in need.
- The founder, Dana Bowman, will provide his services as a speaker and parachutist to raise funds and provide helicopter services for the disabled.
- Prosthetic Labs, such as Hanger Orthopedic, will donate limbs for the foundation as well as discounted services for those in need.
- Dynamic Internet Web Page will report updated stories concerning the activities of the Foundation. The home page will include the mission of the Foundation; the other pages will contain contacts and board member information, and how to get involved to donate money and/or prosthetic limbs and services.
Bowman Limb Bank
100 Spanish Oak Road
Weatherford, Texas 76087